My creative journey has brought me many life changing experiences and skills. I left my career as a Speech Therapist to stay home full time with my growing family in 2004. Taking care of my 4 young children was a blessing, yet I wasn’t completely happy. I started to feel a pull, an urge, that I wanted to do more with my life than my daily mothering duties.
I knew that there was more to me that wanted to be explored. I knew I could be better mother, and a better wife, if I was happier with who I was as a person.
I needed to find what made me happy and fulfilled as a woman.
Growing up with a grandmother who sewed, knitted, crocheted and cooked, I knew that I wanted to learn these skills someday. The problem was that I didn’t think I was a creative person. It didn’t come naturally to me, therefore I assumed it was not a path I was meant to explore.
Then one day it hit me… I was the only person stopping myself from exploring creativity. I knew I was a smart person, and could learn new things, so surely I could learn how to create.
I stopped getting in my own way and started to follow my curiosities.
Even though my children were young and needed my attention, I needed to start showing up for myself too. There was never going to be a “perfect time” to start learning how to create. If I didn’t give myself that time NOW, it was never going to happen.
I carved out pockets of time to create during nap time and launched my online creative business. I showed my art & upcycled goods at art fairs around the Twin Cities, and eventually opened a bricks & mortar store and art studio. After 2 years as a store owner, I realized it was not what I was meant to do. I was meant to work more intimately, more in-depth, with other women… to help them to commit to happiness and live an inspired, joyous, purposeful, and IGNITED life that they truly love.
It is an honor to walk the creative journey to personal freedom with the women who cross my path. I know that we all hold the power to be brave in this world, and to pursue our passions relentlessly. I found my courage through the creative arts, and I know you can too.
You are meant to live a life like no other.
Other fun tidbits:
- I am a mama to 4 crazy kiddos & have been happily married for 15 years
- I love learning and am always searching out new experiences.
- I am a late blooming dancer. Salsa dancing has my heart, but I’ve also dabbled in the styles of Swing, African, Jazz, Ballet, Tap, Lyrical, Musical Theater, Hip Hop, Ecstatic, & Tango.
- I am on a never-ending spiritual journey to become the best version of myself, to trust in my own abilities & intuition, and to handle anything that comes my way with grace & gratitude.
- I strive to be fearless in my self-growth. If something scares me, or makes me nervous, I make a point to do it!
- I am obsessed with the color teal, yet always seems to wear gray.
- I have been given the divine job titles of “Beacon of Sparkling Clarity,” “Creator of the Perfect Ever After,” and “Courageous Crafter of Life” by the amazing Jo Anna Rothman.
- I absolutely love, love, love having gray hair. My hair stylist tried to stop me when I decided to let it grow in years ago, but now she is a fan. Natural is best baby!
- I designed a ring and named it Lulu Bea