First of all, I never thought I was a creative person.
I left my career as a Speech Therapist ni 2004 to stay home full time with my family. I loved taking care of my 4 kids, but I needed more.
There had to be more to me than being a mom and a wife.
I needed to find what made me happy and fulfilled as a woman.
I always wanted to be creative, but I didn’t think I could. It didn’t come naturally, so I assumed it wasn’t for me.
Then one day I realized… I was the only person stopping myself from exploring creativity.
I knew I was a smart person, and could learn new things… why couldn’t I learn how to create?
I stopped getting in my own way and started following my curiosities.
Sure, my kids needed my attention, but I needed it too.
There was never going to be a “perfect time” to start following my dreams. It was up to me to give myself that time.
I started to learn how to make things during nap times, which led me to launching my online creative business in 2010. I showed my art & upcycled goods at art fairs around the Twin Cities, and eventually opened a bricks & mortar store/art studio. After 2 years as a store owner, I realized it wasn’t a good fit.
Fast forward to today – I work part-time as a Speech Therapist, teach online art classes, host retreats, teach dance, and help women to Blossom into their full essence. I help them to commit to happiness and live an inspired, joyous, purposeful, and IGNITED life that they truly love.
It is an honor to walk the creative journey to personal freedom with the women who cross my path. I know that we all hold the power to be brave in this world, and to pursue our passions relentlessly. I found my courage through the creative arts, and I know you can too.
You are meant to live a life like no other.
Other fun tidbits:
- I am a mama to 4 crazy kiddos & have been happily married for 18 years
- I love learning and am always searching out new experiences.
- I am a Latin Dance Instructor
- I am on a never-ending spiritual journey to become the best version of myself, to trust in my own abilities & intuition, and to handle anything that comes my way with grace & gratitude.
- I strive to be fearless in my self-growth. If something scares me, or makes me nervous, I make a point to do it!
- I am obsessed with the color teal, yet always seems to wear gray.
- I have been given the divine job titles of “Beacon of Sparkling Clarity,” “Creator of the Perfect Ever After,” “Courageous Crafter of Life,” and “Facilitator of Blossoming” by the amazing Jo Anna Rothman.
- I absolutely love, love, love having gray hair. My hair stylist tried to stop me when I decided to let it grow in years ago, but now she is a fan. Natural is best baby!
- I designed a ring and named it Lulu Bea